Class 1 & 3 Commercial Transport Training
A t Crossroads we are committed to teaching students the essential skills required for proper and safe operation of a commercial vehicle. The training is designed for people who already have their Class 5 and seek to upgrade to a commercial licence. All training is done in one of our up-to-date, safety certified vehicles; all lessons are one-on-one with a professional, licenced driving instructor. At Crossroad’s Driving School we customize our lessons to meet your needs. We provide you with the professional skills, abilities and knowledge to confidently handle any driving situation.
- Pre-trip inspection & getting to know your vehicle
- Log book
- Starting, Stopping & Turning Techniques
- Proper transmission operation & double clutching
- Controlled Braking & Shifting
- Mirrors & Blind Spots checks & observation
- Proper cornering techniques
- Backing, Parking and Stopping
- Coupling & uncoupling
- Defensive Driving & Space Cushion Management
- Weigh Scale Procedures
- Load Security
- Highway, mountain and rural driving
You must hold a “full” Class 5 licence.
Class 3 – you must be 18 years or older, hold a valid BC learners license as well have an air brake endorsement on your license.
Class 1 MELT – you must be 19 years or older and hold a valid BC combined learners license. For more information, please refer to ICBC MELT FAQs